We are ...
Contact / Impressum
The Tangokombinat Headquarters
Our studio is located in
Saarbrücken, Germany and nowadays we mainly use it for private classes and practice. It is also rented to other parties. If you are interested in using the location, please contact us.
Dudweilerstrasse 77, 66111 Saarbrücken
A wonderful space with a relaxed and warm ambiance. The ideal venue for our Festivalito con Amigos. It's in 10 Minutes walking distance from our headquarters. See photos on their website.
Ufergasse 2, 66111 Saarbrücken
Theater Blauer Hirsch
Pub and theatre - all in one. A nice ambiance with a good wooden floor. That's were we organise our christmas Milonga:
Theater Blauer Hirsch , Saargemünderstrasse 11, 66119 Saarbrücken
We recommend the following hotels:
- Jugendherberge Europa: Youth hostel in walking distance (1km) to our TK-studio
- Continental-Hotel: Basic hotel that is already used to Tangueros as is was our Festival hotel for many years. A couple of minutes by foot to U2Raum or to the TK-studio
- Hotel Stadt Hamburg: Simple but clean hotel, super near to the U2Raum. Located in pedestrian area. (If you come by car, make sure to check their info, you have access via a back street)
- Motel-One: Budget hotel in the heart of the city. A couple of minutes by foot to U2Raum.
- Etap-Hotel: Very basic hotel. Can be reached by tram or car in 10 minutes.
- City-Hotel: Middle class hotel, 10 minutes walk from U2Raum.
- Domicil-Leidinger: Very nice hotel with special ambiance for a fair price. In 5 minutes walking distance from the U2Raum.
How to get to Saarbrücken by train/plane
By train: Saarbrücken is connected with fast trains to all major cities in Europe. There are e.g. direct connections to Paris & Frankfurt - both take less than 2 hours.
Regular flight: Fly to Frankfurt/Main (FRA) and take the train to Saarbrücken. There is a "Regionalexpress"(RE) that goes every two hours directly from the trainstation (Regionalbahnhof) at Terminal 1 to Saarbrücken.
Ryanair: Fly to Frankfurt/Hahn with Ryanair.
Frankkfurt'Hahn is actually a tiny airport in the countryside very far from Frankfurt. Getting from there to Saarbrücken, is no problem, but there is an easy and a more complicated option:
1. BUS/TRAIN: Take a bus shuttle to Trier and from there the train to Saarbrücken. You will find the bus in front of the terminal building on the DEPARTURES side (go left out of the building). In Trier, the bus does not stop at the train station, but at a roundabout in the outskirts. You need to call a Taxi to get to the train station. (Call: +40 651 12012). There is a train to Saarbrücken every hour. This bus/train combination will surely take 2,5 hours minimum, if you are lucky to catch a bus upon arrival. It may take longer, if you have to wait for the next bus, they don't go every hour.
2. RENT-A-CAR: It is much faster (1,5 hours) and maybe even cheaper (if you travel as a couple or with a group of people) to rent a car at the airport and drive to Saarbrücken.
Flight via Paris: Fly to Paris and take the TGV/ICE to Saarbrücken. It takes only two hours and if you book early, you can get a ticket for 29€.
Flight via another airport: Luxembourg or Strassbourg may be other options to get near to Saarbrücken. Both cities are in one hour distance to Saarbrücken.